Friday 27 April 2012

NZ Sav Blancs for Bargain No.15

I better make something clear from the start.  I am not doing this while being held at gun point, I am not on any medication, I am not being paid to post this and it is not a hallucination.  Most people who know me know that I am not a fan of NZ Sauvignon Blanc and I'm yet to find one I like.  But, when it comes to posting a bargain, I can't only think about my red wine drinking friends and colleagues.  Believe it or not, I have had a number of requests to source some good, cheap Savvys and not just from the ladies.  Anyway, here are three that are, at the very least, from reputable wineries and from an excellent vintage, available from Kemenys.com.au for the next week.  Boy, am I going to cop some flack for this.
Giesen Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2011, RRP $23.00.  Sale Price, $10.00.  Giesen, a family-owned winery, has been around for many years and making Savvy long before it invaded the world.
Villa Maria Private Bin Sauvignon Blanc 2011, RRP $23.00.  Sale Price, $10.00.  Everybody knows Villa Maria, having been around for just over 50 years and these guys know how to make good wine not just Sav Blanc.
Wither Hills Wairau Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2011, RRP $24.00.  Sale Price, $10.00.  Okay, so it doesn't say Malborough but it so darn close it doesn't matter.  Where they are situated, the climate and soil lends itself perfectly for sauvignon blanc and, apparently, it shows in this bargain for savvy lovers.
'Til next time and remember to live simply, laugh often, wine alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment