Tuesday 8 November 2011

The Best Shiraz In The World...Cheap!!!!

How would you like some of the best shiraz in the world?  What if I told you it has a RRP of $220 a bottle.  That would surely put you off I reckon.  But, Get Wines Direct have it for $30 a bottle (plus delivery).  To quote their website, it beat "...9632 wines submitted from 1487 producers out of 36 nations".  It is called The Colonial Estate Exile 2009 Barossa Shiraz.  I have some of this, tried it and believe me, it is a big wine.  You definitely need to decant it for a couple of days.  Okay so that was an exageration but it will need some air before you drink it.  If you don't have the time to decant it, grab a knife and fork to "consume" it with a rich osso bucco.  Stop the Press!!!  My advice is to decant it while the osso bucco is cooking.  How's that?  Sometimes I surprise myself.  Might have a drink to celebrate.  'Til next time and remember to live simply, laugh often, wine alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment