Tuesday 18 October 2011

Bargain Barossan Beauty

Here is an absolute beauty of a Barossan red worth "investing" in. It is ideal as a BBQ quaffer, to accompany steak or Roast Beef or stir fry beef or, strangely enough, old gold chocolate. This is truly an excellent wine from an excellent vintage in the Barossa. $60 a box & $8 delivery to your door when normally it would be $240 + delivery. I've ordered 9 cases for friends, colleagues and myself of course. Go to Winemarket.com.au, reds, Shiraz then Naked Owl. When I last looked the were only 149 cases left from about 550 so either let me know if you would like me to get you some or get on the website yourself it's an easy place to navigate through. 'Til next time and remember, live simply, laugh often, wine alot.

2 comments:

  1. So, it arrived today and straight to a taste. When I poured it the colour was a deep red and it looked very rich. Smelling it reminded me of stewed spicy plums and blackberries which is also what it tasted like but with a warm peppery finish. At $5.50 a bottle it would be ideal with a bbq'd steak or hamburger and even with any meat dish with a plum sauce. Would I have paid the RRP of $20 a bottle? No. If it was not so cheap and for sale at $12-$15 a bottle, I would still buy it. Just out of interest, I tried alongside a reputable winerys 2007 shiraz that has a RRP of $25 and the Naked Owl held it's own quite admirably. As a matter of fact, the minister for war and finance in our home preferred it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to drink (sorry, couldn't help myself) my words. This is a really good drink. I tasted it again tonight and it has softened dramatically. I gotta say, I would pay $20 for it. Do yourself a favour and decant it for an hour. You will be very pleasantly surprised. 'Til next time but remember to live simply, laugh often, wine alot.

    ReplyDelete